Friday, January 10, 2014

SCOURING ILOCOS NORTE

Its a boring hot summer day. Got nothing to do and I was just playing some video games in my room when I heard three loud KNOCK!!!KNOCK!!! BOOM!!!!

 "TANGHALI NA! BUMANGON KA NA'T MAG AYOS NG GAMIT MO! " - 'twas my mom, as usual, a little too exaggerated. I asked why, the moment she started opening her mouth to speak, my eyes smized the widest it could as she said... "PUPUNTA TAYO SA ILOCOS MAMAYA". And I was like... banging the door of my closet looking for cool stuff to wear as if its a visit to heaven. I was so EXCITED! The travel time would be for like uhmmm, 8-9 hours from Zambales, and I slept the way through - dope right? Lol. 

 We stayed at my aunts house at the next day we went to the BANGUI WINDMILLS, it is an intricate arrangement of wind turbines stretching 9 kilometers along the Bangui bay facing the South China Sea. These set of turbines produces 1.65 MEGA WATTS each! Thats a lot of electricity! We took Pictures of course lol! 

Then after that, we went to the famous KAPURPURAWAN ROCK FORMATION we took a HORSE RIDE to the spot! It is located at BURGOS ILOCOS NORTE. The stunning rock formations are created by the great forces of the ocean waves and strong winds!





On the third day we went to PAOAY and visited the MALACANANG OF THE NORTH and PAOAY LAKE. Both are historically beautiful that I was walking across a different era.




We also went to BATAC and had a visit to the MARCOS MUSEUM AND MAUSOLEUM which exhibits memorabilia storage and current resting place of the late PRESIDENT FERDINAND E. MARCOS. It is situated at the heart of BATAC CITY. The glass encased coffin of the late president is kept inside and no one is allowed to take pictures that is why i was so frustrated that i wanted to have a souvenir "SELFIE". sad. We also had a chance to visit FORT ILOCANDIA.

The day before we left the region, me and my mom with all our relatives in Ilocos went for a splash at the. GERTES BEACH RESORT. We plunged at the pool till the sun set. It was a really really great adventure and bonding with our relatives in Ilocos. As we bid goodbye to them, I felt like I would wanna come back again sometime... I miss them already


No comments:

Post a Comment